Sunday 10 November 2013

Surprise Interview With Lifelongpercussion

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته girls,

If you follow me on my Instagram ( @hijabfairy3) you would know that I had a  massive surprise for you guys. 

This is my first surprise interview post! I will be interviewing muslim girls who inspire many via Instagram, blogger sphere and also on YouTube. 

Today I had the privilege and honour to interview the one and only Habiba Da Silva aka Lifelongpercussion. She's a very inspiring blogger who started out on Instagram & then started blogging. Her blog is famous for many different things such as Makeup, skin, poetry, Outfit inspirations and a lot of reviews. 


Enjoy!!!!   

1.      What is your name & how old are you? 

My name is Habiba Da Silva – also known as Life-Long Percussion and I’m 19 years old

 

2.      Tell us a little about your blog.  

My blog is a melting pot of all kinds of posts ranging from fashion to reviews to makeup looks to poetry and skincare. I also wish to start writing inspirational posts on social topics such as confidence.

 

3.      What was it that made you start blogging ( from the moment you were just Habiba & the moment you became Habiba the blogger)? 

 I’ve wanted to start blogging since starting uni around October of last year. One of our modules had us writing blogposts – I thought I had loads of different ideas in my mind I’d be able to translate through it and also it would keep me constantly writing which would help with my course.

 

4.      What are your aims and dreams, career wise? 

I am studying English & Creative Writing at the moment – I’m not completely 100% what I want to do in the future career-wise but it definitely has to be related to art/writing/makeup. I take life as it comes..

 

5.      Any future plans for your blog? 

 I would like a complete re-design and I’m currently looking for someone who’d be able to do that so if you are good at blog designing hit me up!


6.      I've noticed a lot of your readers and Instagram followers (including myself) have been pondering on you to start a YouTube channel, will it happen? 

Youtube is not for me at this time in life, maybe in the future my mind will change on this matter but at the moment I much prefer just blogging.

 

7.      What is one beauty product you couldn't live without? 

Hard question! Maybe foundation because I’m obsessed with a perfect base.

 

10.  What advice would you give to new upcoming bloggers? 

 I get a lot of newbies emailing me for advice and I always say the same thing. Keep doing what you do and be original! People like that; originality and passion. You will not succeed in anything unless you give 100%.

 

11. How has blogging changed your life? 

My voice has been amplified. I feel like I can help people, inspire people and again be inspired and learnt things myself. It’s a lovely process and helps you grow as a person and learn so much.

 

12.What are the pros & cons for having a blog? 

Pros would be that you’re able to vent somewhere somehow, I’m able to teach people and learnt myself. Cons? I don’t think there are any cons... sometimes I get a lot of ideas on my mind but get distracted and end up forgetting but I don’t think that would count as a con.

 

13. If you were only allowed to read ONE blog, which blog would it be and why? 

Erm... I like Caroline Hirons’ blog – I follow many of her skincare tips which have really helped me. I also love her writing style.

 

14. How did you come up with the name 'Life-Long Percussion' ?

 ‘life-long’ means something that lasts a lifetime and ‘percussion’ is a musical beat. It is a metaphor for many aspects in life that enter and never leave. I’m a poet and deal with a lot of metaphors this is just one I came up with and it stuck J

 

15.What came first the chicken or the egg?

 The chicken ;)

 

Any last words?

 I just want to thank my followers and readers: everyone who supports me for their on-going love and belief in me. It really means a lot to me and I’m genuinely very honoured to inspire so many people.


Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to interview you. It's been a pleasure.


Be sure to follow Habiba on her social networking sites : 


I n s t a g r a m : @lifelongpercussion

T w i t t e r : www.twitter.com/lifelongpercuss

F a c b o o k : www.facebook.com/lifelongpercussion 

If you would like to help re-design Habibas Blog be sure to send her an email : lifelongpercussion@gmail.com 


Thanks for stopping by.

X.O.X.O hijabfairy 

No comments:

Post a Comment