Friday 25 October 2013

Lorèal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation REVIEW!!!

Hi girls,


Today I will be doing my first foundation review. I will be reviewing the new Lorèal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation. 


Firstly, let's take a look at its description;

"PRODUCT BENEFITS
Who says foundation has to feel heavy? That was then, this is now. Unveiling new Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation. 

Shake it and discover on your fingertips a texture lighter than water. Glide on for amazing coverage. As light as a feather. Perfectly invisible, invisibly perfect. Our ideal nude.


INNOVATION
Our 1st lighter than water foundation with an evanescent texture that glides onto the skin.
No make-up feel. 
Apply it just like a perfume! Shake, tip on finger and apply."


And the information on the packaging; 

" results should be : 
• natural even shine free look
•undetectable coverage 
•silky soft touch
•No makeup feel" 

Now we know what Lorèal has to say but what do you and I have to say, does this foundation live up to its expectations? Let's find out! 

I decided to buy this product purely because of the packaging and of course the 'NEW introductory price' tag was definitely one of the factors (oops). You can call me a 'foundation hoarder' if you like because for someone who doesn't wear foundation much, I do buy a lot. 
The packaging is just the CUTEST thing ever. It's so tiny and delicate and would definitely look good in my collection so yeah why not. 

Now the problem was would I like it? 

First time I tried it I was in SHOCK! You can't imagine unless you have tried it too. It felt SOOOO super light, literally like feather just like they said it would. 

The first thing I always look to check about a foundation is, does it leave any dry patches or does it have a nice consistency and how well is it's coverage? This foundations consistency isn't great it's very runny (which is kind of annoying) but that's how it was meant to be, so I can't really complain about that. Its coverage is light coverage but it is buildible! So that's good. But in all honesty I do prefer a light/medium coverage but for the price and consistency it's great.



I have oily to combination skin but varies depending on weather/season. To experiment and test out this foundation I didn't use any primer and it's shine control was ok, not great but ok. After a few hours it didn't control it as much so I started using my BEST OIL SUCKING primer (I call it that purely because even with any oil/cream whatever I moisturise with the primer sucks up everything and stays put ALL DAY! (Lorèal studio secrets professional primer). For best results use a primer. 

APPLICATION: I haven't tried using a brush/sponge since the product starts off at the tip of my finger, I just use my fingers to apply it all over my face and just blend it out nice and evenly. 

The foundation is very affordable, I got it at boots for £6.99 from the 30/10/2013 it will be £9.99, there's a couple of days left so why not pick it up and try it for yourself. 

My shade is in 'Golden sand'. 




The best part about this foundation is the 'no makeup feel'. I don't know what's better makeup or the idea of wearing makeup and the feeling of no makeup. I think that's pretty awesome.

Pros 

• Super feather light 
• no makeup feel 
• silky soft touch
• cute packaging 


Cons 

• not much shine control 
• very runny 
• light coverage 

That's the end to the review, now ask yourself these questions; 

1. Do I want a foundation with light coverage?
2. Do I have oily skin and need something to control shine? 
3. Can I handle a £6.99 runny product is it worth the small investment ? 


Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts. Leave me with a comment and a link to your blog! 

Thanks for stopping by.

X.O.X.O hijabfairy


2 comments:

  1. This was a great review ^_^
    I was tempted to pick this up because it seems like another version of MAC's F&B but I think the price, for the amount of product you actually get isn't that worth it D:
    Btw I tried following you on bloglovin' but you don't seem to have it yet? you should get it ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, I totally appreciate your feedback! And about the size. I think there's a lot inside the bottle, especially since you only need a few daps (one Shake of a finger) to get a lot of product. But I don't use foundation all the time so I won't be able to know how long it could last for (depending on usage) but yeah thanks again :) x

      Delete